Sikkim, a former Tibetan Buddhist Kingdom, is a spectacular rural environment. A botanical garden with cascading waterfalls, terraced fields, and snow capped mountains, this secluded region was ideal for the many Buddhist monasteries there. Travelers all over the world join us in exploring Darjeeling and Sikkim India and the Himalayan Mountains. Men and women of all ages and from all walks of life relish exploring India on our guided tour. First time international travelers, experienced travelers, single men and women, families, couples and friends traveling together, are all invited to join us as we explore India together.
Your Art & Ritual Tour in the Himalayas begins in Kolkata, the true cultural capital of India that possesses a distinct Bengali soul. Our itinerary then takes you to Darjeeling then Sikkim, where you will be immersed in the Himalayan Mountains and a botanical garden surrounded by the massive snow capped peaks.
- Kolkata: Stay at the Vedic Village, a renowned nature and health resort famous for its age-old Ayuraveda healing therapies. End a day of touring Kolkata by being pampered in their spa.
- Darjeeling: Explore many of the area’s most important Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and have the rare opportunity to meet the monks and lamas who share with us their many years of personal experience.
- Tea Plantation: Visit a tea plantation in Darjeeling and sample India’s most famous tea.
- Sikkim: Visit Sikkim, the once former Tibetan Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom. See Kanchenjunga, the world’s third highest mountain at 28,167 feet. Take in this breathtaking mountain, while bathed in golden light at sunrise, from your bedroom window.
- Sacred Art: Be taken into the home and studio of one of Sikkim’s most renowned painters and discover how sacred art plays a central role in all of India’s spiritual traditions.
Our tour to Darjeeling and Sikkim, India is an all inclusive, escorted vacation which includes India domestic flights, 4 star accommodations, all ground transportation, airport transfers and meals. Jim Hagan, your tour leader, plans, manages and leads every tour to Darjeeling and Sikkim. Jim strives to ensure that you receive the very best personal attention and feel comfortable and safe, so that your trip is the very best experience of your life. This is why many of our travelers have returned for multiple tours with us. Read some of the Sikkim | Darjeeling Tour Reviews from past travelers who have toured with us.
We humbly invite you to let us take you into India’s fascinating bazaars ablaze with color, to take a cooking class from a master Indian chef, to witness the Himalayas at sunrise and to be immersed in one of the world’s oldest living civilizations. To get more information please contact us. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our India tours and want to make sure you have the trip of the lifetime!