Central Tibet Tour
Tibet has captured the minds and imaginations of travelers and adventurers for centuries. As one of the world’s most astonishing and exotic places on earth, travelers across the world join us for memorable, life-changing experiences on our insider’s tour to Central Tibet. — Single men and women, couples, friends traveling together and families, are all welcome on this journey. Often beginning as strangers, your common interests in Tibet often create life-long friendships.
Tibet is the earth’s highest ecosystem and one of the most remarkable places in Asia. It is considered the Rooftop of the World. During this 17-day tour of Central Tibet, you will explore all the major sites. Our Central Tibet tours are designed so you experience the remarkable ancient cultural heritage and spirituality of its people. On your journey you see stunning views of the world’s highest mountains and visit ancient monasteries.
- Mount Everest: Enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain drives in Tibet to the Mother Goddess of the World, Mount Everest.
- Spectacular Landscapes: Drive over lofty glacier mountain passes that overlook turquoise crystalline lakes and barren windswept slopes. See stunning views of the world’s highest mountains and visit the homes of farmers and nomads.
- Browse the Markets: If you like to shop, Tibet is a treasure-trove of jewelry, antiques, and sacred art. Whatever you want can be found in these lively markets and our local guides will help you support the local economy.
- Visit Ancient Monasteries: Explore Tibet’s most precious cultural treasure, its monasteries that house masterpieces of Buddhist art. Visit Tibet’s most sacred power places — the Potala, Samye Monastery, the Kumbum Stupa and the Jokhang, where you will sit with the monks as they chant their evening prayers.
- Visit a Tibetan School & Orphanage: For many of our guests, this is one of the highlights of the trip!
Your tour package is an all inclusive, escorted adventure that includes China domestic flights, 4 star accommodations, all ground transportation, airport transfers and meals. Your Central Tibet tour guides include a scholar, professor, master Tibetan painter and the abbot of Drepung monastery in Tibet, all of whom share their personal knowledge and insights with you. Your tour leader, Jim Hagan, plans, manages and leads every Central Tibet tour to ensure that each guest receives the very best personal attention and feels comfortable and safe. Jim strives to make your trip the very best experience of your life.
We humbly invite you to discover for yourself why our trips to Central Tibet are an unforgettable experience — not merely a visit. See the reviews of our Central Tibet tours from past travelers and contact us for more information. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our trips to Tibet and want to make sure you have the trip of the lifetime!